Saturday, August 28, 2010
2010 Big XII North preview
1. At number one, I have the Blackshirts of Nebraska. With their stingy defense and improved offense, look for them to sweep the North.
2. MIZ-ZOU! Mizzou should have a strong season behind Junior Quarterback Blaine Gabbert but, alas, with fall short because of Nebraska.
3. Iowa State. Somewhat of a surprise here but Iowa State had a solid year last year and should be able to carry that momentum over this year.
4. Rock Chalk Jayhawk baby! The Jayhawks are coming off a sub-par year and have replace coach Mark Mangino with former Cornhusker, Turner Gil. I don't see the Jayhawks getting much higher than fourth place in the North.
5. Kansas State. No surprise. Though they were close to getting to a bowl last year, this is a different team. Look for them to be at the bottom of the pack.
6. Colorado. Sorry CU fans. Another year at the bottom of the barrel. Colorado just doesn't have the talent to perform well at this point in time.